“We will provide support to people with learning disabilities that is person-centred, responsive and creative so that our service users can achieve the very best of what they want to be”.
- To see all those we support valued as equal members of the communities in which they live.
- To see all those we support living lives of health, ambition and fulfilment.
- To provide a range of high quality support and accommodation options that enable our service users to achieve their full potential and to live as independently as possible.
- To commit to person-centred approaches that promote service user choice, empowerment and autonomy.
- To create opportunities for service users to engage in meaningful, valued and inclusive life-styles.
- To develop skilled, ambitious staff teams who aspire to deliver services that respect all our service users rights – not least the right to an ‘ordinary life’.
We have created a range of residential and supported living services that provide service users with opportunities to become more independent and engaged within their local community.
We are able to respond to the needs of service users with challenging behaviours, mental health problems and other special needs. We now also have considerable experience of working with service users with a forensic history and have specifically developed expertise and resources in the field of sexual abuse/offending.
Our teams are particularly skilled in the development of person-centred approaches, positive behaviour support and life-skills teaching. We are also very successful in integrating service users into local educational and vocational opportunities.
Testimonials and comments
- Bridge staff were superb to work with. Their energy, understanding of the MCA and knowledge and passion of their job they communicated in the training room was refreshing. The other delegates learnt much from them.
- It was an excellent review in all aspects. The cooperation was fantastic and review participants very professional and encouraging to client and family
- I would like to take this time to say that working with Bridge House has been one of the highlights of my work in CLDT, l have learnt a lot through the way you all support the Service Users. Their cases are complex but your input into their lives is incredible. I remember returning from my first review with a certain Service User in 2013. As l gave feedback to my manager, he asked me if l was talking about the same Service User, due to the great improvements in his life; especially the challenging behaviours he presented with prior to moving to Bridge House compared to the quality of life he now has. As a team, you have made a great difference in these men’s lives.
Bridge House has a great staff team!
- To All Staff, I just wanted to write and say a heartfelt thank you for all you did for my brother. We, as his family, felt this was the best place he has been in a long time. What was clear to me, was that you all cared. I shall miss the catch up calls…Once again thank you all for your support.
- It’s great to see care being down how it should be